Is An Online Degree Program Right For You?
Choosing to further your education is a huge decision that requires a lot of thoughtful consideration. It is important to assess the pros and cons of online schooling before taking the leap to better your future. Here is a brief rundown of the pros and cons of getting your degree online.
1. One major plus to online schooling is the flexibility of hours. This is especially important to people working full-time jobs who want to better their future. If you work during the day or have unpredictable work hours, online school may be your best bet.
2. If you do not have a means of transportation or want to cut back on travel time, earning a degree from the comfort of your home is an excellent choice. You can login whenever is convenient for you and not worry about battling rush hour traffic traveling to and from classes.
3. If you are more of a shy, independent person, a huge benefit of online schooling is the lack of group projects and interaction. Instead of worrying about coordinating with a large group to complete an assignment, which is often the case in traditional schools, you can easily complete assignments on your own time, in the privacy of your home.
1. If you are looking for personalized, one-on-one interaction with your professors, online college may not be right for you. Professors are always available to interact via email, but usually do not meet with students who are enrolled in online classes in person.
2. Online schools do not offer extracurricular activities or organizations to join outside of school, so if you want to meet new people and expand your social circle or explore new hobbies, a more traditional route may be your best bet.
3. If you do not have easy access to your own computer, online school may be a bit more difficult for you. Of course, you can always visit your local library or borrow a computer from a friend, but the convenience of having your own computer is a huge plus when enrolled in an online degree program.
Before enrolling in college, be sure to consider all the pros and cons of this life-changing decision. You can always contact as and get advice from our take my online class experts